Monday, January 5, 2009

"Christmas in Dixie"


Well, today marked my official return to work after winter break. It was such a lovely Christmas (except for my cold) that I was NOT ready for it to end. I got to see all of my relatives on my mom's side (except for my cousin Emmi who had to work), and I got to see some good high school buddies as well! Shannon and I both got foot spas--probably our favorite gifts! Geoff enjoyed himself too--Dad set up a poker game for Connor and Geoff. They hardly get to play so Dad always tries to get a game together for them. My hubby did well, of course, and so did Dad and Connor. I very much doubt Dad's friends will play with as much $ the next time we visit! We also played Connor's Guitar Hero world tour. Now THAT is a fun family game. Connor played the drums, Geoff played guitar, and Shannon and I took turns singing. Things to note...Leslie should not try to rap Beastie Boys with a headcold, and Geoff should not attempt the drums on Connor's level. We got "booed off the stage."



News on the homefront: 1) the kitchen is tiled and grouted. Now all we have to do is paint, install the shoe molding, and install the cabinet hardware. It looks really nice. Geoff has worked hard! 2) I GOT A DYSON VACUUM!! We've been eyeing one for a while, but have been holding off due to their cost. Costco got some in and they ran a rebate, so VOILA! We now have a purple Dyson Animal (specially designed for pet hair). Geoff even likes to use it, so I REALLY lucked out! 3) I probably will not graduate this summer. USC seems to be out to get me on a tecnicality (long, confusing story that frustrates me so I won't tell it), so I may have to suck it up and wait until Fall. This stinks for so many reasons, but what can I do? Nothing. 4) Geoff's job will be changing with the administration. We don't know what he'll be doing yet, but hopefully it will involve much less travel.

No comments: