Monday, March 12, 2012

Annapolis with Eliza!

Last Saturday, we headed to Annapolis for some playtime and a lunch visit with Uncle Colin, Aunt Steph, and Eliza. Our first stop was at an establishment called the Chesapeake Children's Museum. What do you envision when you hear that name, Chesapeake Children's Museum? I pictured a museum about the Chesapeake for kids. You know, aquariums of crabs and fish, kid-sized boat stuff, etc. What we got instead was someone's house converted into a "museum" full of daycare cast-offs (including toddler play kitchen and dolls), a weird "dentist room" full of equipment you'd see at a dentist office (like, you know, a TYPEWRITER), and a few aquariums of turtles and fish (there was one lonely blue crab).

After we bathed in Purel, we headed to downtown Annapolis to meet up with the McAllisters. Before heading out to see the boats, Liam and I made a little trip to the bathroom to try to use the potty. As I helped him sit, I heard the distinct sounds of tinkle in the toilet, and just as I was getting ready to praise him with excitement, I felt a strange warmth on my leg. It seems that I failed to properly help Liam "aim" the entire pee-pee time. I had a change of pants for Liam, but none for me. Nice.

While Eliza grabbed a snack, Geoff and I took Liam to see the boats and ducks, and he loved them all. Afterward, we headed to a restaurant for some seafood and Eliza holding time! Both kids held up remarkably well, despite not napping. It sure was a fun morning/early afternoon. We will have to do it again soon! Next time, we'll skip the "museum."

Above: Liam sitting on a wooden turtle outside Chesapeake Children's Museum.
Below: Liam sitting on a (beaver? woodchuck?) at the CCM
There was a kid-sized boat. My face makes me think there must have been something grimy on the steering wheel.

Geoff is not too sure about touching the boat either.

Uncle Geoff and Zih-zuh!

Aunt Leslie and Zih-zuh, who is working hard to grow some teeth!


No comments: