Monday, December 17, 2012

The Embassy Christmas party

The Embassy hosted a Christmas party for the kids on Saturday, December 8th.  Santa made an appearance, of course, but there were also crafts and games to entertain.  We drove to the party in the midst of snow (quite picturesque) and arrived right before Santa made his big entrance.  Then Santa began to call children by name to hand out their gifts.  Liam had to wait a bit for his turn, but he finally got to sit next to Santa and open his gift...a helicopter.



After the visit with Santa, I tried to convince Liam to decorate a cookie, but he got mad when I started to put icing on his chosen treat.  I had to scrape the icing off!  That boy doesn't know what he's missing!  Liam took his plain cookie toward the reindeer hat table, and we proceeded to make one of those before trying our luck at the cake walk.  I ended up winning the cake walk, but I was gracious enough to let Liam choose and eat the cupcake.

After some snacks, Geoff took a turn helping with the reindeer bowling game, and Liam even took a shot at knocking the pins down.  All and all, it was a great party, and Liam enjoyed himself immensely.

 Silliness



 Snack time

(Geoff's at the back, graciously helping to stand up and align the bowling pins for the kiddies.)

1 comment:

Jim Robey said...

These are too cute.
Love from Aunt Betty & Uncle Jim