On Sunday, Geoff, Liam, and I put on our Ravens gear in order to support our team in the Super Bowl. Since kickoff was at 12:30 a.m. our time, Liam was unable to watch the game, but we took this family photo before sending Liam off to bed. (Sweet Bella wanted in our picture too!)
Geoff and I took a little nap before the game so we could get a little rest that night. We purchased NFL GamePass this season so we could watch the Ravens, and they don't show pregame stuff, so we missed the Sandy Hook choir and Alecia Keys' slow national anthem. We thoroughly enjoyed the 1st half and Jacoby Jones' kickoff return before the lights went out. (During that delay, we were concerned it was benefiting the 49ers, but I was mainly annoyed that I would be missing out on 30 minutes of sleep after the game ended!) When the game started back up and the 49ers came roaring back, Geoff got nervous, but I never lost faith...just as I hadn't all postseason. Starting with the Indy game, I really did have a very confident feeling that our team was going to win. I kept saying that I was a mustard seed, and boy was my faith rewarded! What a fun win!
Geoff and I were able to go to bed at 5 a.m. I was tempted to just stay awake, knowing Liam would be up in a few, but I just couldn't hold out. So at 6:30, when I heard Liam, I tried to tempt him to go back to bed, but that didn't last long. So I took the morning shift, Geoff took the school drop-off, and then we were able to rest a bit.
Despite being tired and out of it all day Monday, it was so worth it to be able to watch and celebrate in real time! GO RAVENS! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
No comments:
Post a Comment