Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby Howard, the sequel

I interrupt (who am I kidding--I haven't posted in over a month...I'm not interrupting anything!) our European vacation posts to bring you tidings of great joy!  Baby Howard #2 is on his/her way.  I am a little over 12 weeks' pregnant now, which means Baby Howard the 2nd is due mid-late December.  The first due date we were given was December 24th.  A Christmas Eve baby!  My latest check-up has me measuring at a due date of December 20th, and remembering that Liam came 2 weeks early, my guess would be an arrival date of sometime even before that.

This pregnancy has been quite a bit rougher than mine with Liam.  I have been very sick and tired, and Geoff and Liam have suffered as a result.  Cooking smells send me running to the restroom or upstairs to our room to shut the door, turn on the air purifier, and put Vick's VapoRub under my nose.  So breakfasts and dinners have been lackluster around here.  Hopefully the sick feelings will end very soon as I am approaching my second trimester.  Then maybe I will feel up to finishing our vacation posts!

Despite my unending illness and drop in standard of living, Geoff, Liam, and I are very excited about this baby.  Liam says that he wants a sister, but the thought of a female makes Geoff a tad nervous.  Since I was pregnant with Liam, I have felt I am meant as a mother of boys, but I would certainly be happy with whatever Baby Howard turns out to be.  We will be finding out the sex this time (it makes more sense with our living situation), and once we know we will share the news with you.

Here are ultrasound pics at 8 weeks and then at 12 weeks.  He/she is about the size of a lime right now!





No comments: