Our first Easter task was dyeing the eggs. So one morning during Sam's nap, Liam and I got to work.
We must have had the most fragile eggs on the planet, as I lost two during the boiling process, and then we lost both yellow ones trying to put stickers on them! So what do you do with broken Easter eggs? Have them for snack! (Sam was NOT a fan).
Easter morning, Geoff and I were awakened by a sweet little voice whispering "Happy Easter"...before sunrise at 6 am. What else can you do but say it back and get up to see if the Easter bunny came?
Liam discovered a new Elephant and Piggie book, Boulder the Rescue Bot,
some stickers, and some candy.
Sam seemed to know it was a special day.
He discovered a life-the-flap book, some crayons and a coloring book, and a bath toy.
Later on, we headed to brunch with friends, bringing Memaw's deviled Easter eggs, about which several people asked, "Did you find that on Pinterest?" And I gladly got to explain that my grandmother had been doing this for as long as I could remember, well before the internet.
Then later on that afternoon, we headed to our favorite park for an afternoon picnic and egg hunt with more friends.
The kids at the starting line
On the hunt
Checking out the loot
Our picnic spot
Playtime pile up
After our picnic, we headed home for Easter ribs.
Sam enjoyed gnawing on the bones.
And Liam enjoyed it all!

No comments:
Post a Comment