Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mommy's weekend off

Last weekend, I joined three other friends at the Kempinski resort on the Jordanian side of the Dead Sea.  We left late Friday morning and got home late Sunday afternoon, so we had two days and nights of kid-free fun.  To parents of little ones, I strongly recommend taking a weekend for yourself.  It was nice to eat meals without bargaining with one child to eat more protein or tear pieces of bread for the other.  I could sit by the pool and talk with friends or read magazines, not needing to constantly be aware of a beginning swimmer in the pool or the baby's proximity to the water.  AND I COULD SLEEP UNTIL MY BODY WOKE ME UP.  It was nice to rejuvenate (the massage at the spa helped).  And it was even nicer to come home to a warm welcome by all my men, who clearly missed me.  Here are some highlights.

 We found some camels wandering the side of the road in 
"No Man's Land" between the border of the West Bank and Jordan.


 If you look closely, you can see the outlines of some buildings at the top of the mountains.
That is Jerusalem as seen from our balcony at sunset.


 The next day we hit the pool.
I found it a bit chilly at first.

 But when I got used to the water...AHHHHHH.


 Monica, Lesley, me, and Beth

 And then this guy (from Amman) wanted to take his picture with us.
He kept asking us if we thought he looked like Kim Kardashian.

We got to dress up for dinner.

Before we left, we got all Dead Sea mudded up,


and then did some floating,


before hitting the pool one last time.

No comments: