There were two big events in May that I TOTALLY forgot to write about. The first was that we finally had our first visitor--Chris Rawls! We know we will always be able to count on him to visit us, no matter where we are in the world. He came to Sarajevo twice, and now he has made it here. I only got ONE picture during his visit, but he knows how much we enjoy having him!
The second big event was that we had to say good-bye to our friend, C.J. His job here is over and he has returned Stateside for training for his next assignment. Part of the long good-bye was our hosting the main course part of a Mexican themed progressive dinner in his and his wife, Kari's, honor. We fed 25-30 people in our shoebox of an apartment--it was quite the feat! We had help, of course. We borrowed a table and some chairs from the Consulate so we could seat the majority of the guests out on the patio, we split the cooking duties with our friends, Beth and Monica, and other folks contributed beer (and wine for sangria). Again, I only took ONE picture, but here is our pretty buffet table! Folks could choose pork or chicken for their tacos, with homemade pico de gallo, Spanish rice and beans, guacamole, cheese, etc. as choices of toppings. It was GOOD food. And we all had a lot of fun.
So that's it for May. One day, I hope Geoff will be able to find the time to post about his Jesus Trail hiking weekend that happened a while back. Other than that, I think we're all caught up! Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment