Monday, August 24, 2015

10 years!

Sorry I interrupted GG and Grandpa's trip with the last post, but the Muse struck.  I hope you don't mind.  We get right back to it with this post!

GG and Grandpa graciously agreed to stay with the boys overnight so Geoff and I could celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  Crazy, right?  Seems like this was just yesterday!


We decided to head up to Acre/Acco/Akko (yes, three different versions of the same name).  It's a great historic town with tons of Crusader history (which we'll get to later) about three hours up the coast, toward the Lebanese border.

We spent the night in a boutique hotel called the Efendi, and it was divine!  It's an old Ottoman palace that they have turned into a hotel.  There are only 12 rooms, and it is inside the fortifications of Old Acre.  It was so full of character a charm!  Take a look!

 Sign above the door

The lobby


Decorative ceilings and archways



Upstairs lounge


 Our room had a clawfoot tub and champagne!


So our hotel was amazing, but so was the town!  Stay tuned for more posts about our Acre adventures!

No comments: