Wednesday, July 27, 2016

"Winnataska, hats of to thee!"

This summer, Liam got to attend summer camp at Camp Winnataska for the very first time.  This is the summer camp I grew up attending and later worked for.  I loved it and made life-long friends, and I was hoping Liam would feel the same.  I didn't want to pressure him though, so we chose a half week this time.  He stayed Sunday-Wednesday to get a little taste and see what it was like.  (And luckily for us, we got to spy on him a bit through pictures the directors took and posted for the parents.)

At arrival, we got a family photo.

 Then we headed up to Chico Hill to find his cabin and make his bed.


These were his cabin mates and leaders in Casa Nueva.
Three boys here are the kids of friends I worked with!

 He had fun in Crafts,



 and in Outdoors, learning about nature and


trying to fish.


There was also Canoes, Swimming, Horses, and Recreation,
along with Night Activities.


When we picked him up mid-week (most campers stay Sun.-Sat.),
he said, "If I leave camp, I am going to die."
I remember feeling that same way EVERY summer.


Thanks, Winnataska, and this great group of Chicos,
for making Liam's first taste of camp so great.
We'll see you next summer for a whole week!

No comments: