Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New nickname for Baby Howard

So...most of you know the story of how Baby Howard came to be called Pierpont. If not--it's from my mom. There's an I Love Lucy episode when Lucy is trying to think of names for Little Ricky, and she keeps changing her mind every 5 seconds. Each new name gets more and more ridiculous, and Pierpont is one of her choices. Pierpont was Baby Howard's nickname until Monday's ultrasound. My new doctor didn't like the old pics, and because I was "measuring large", she had another ultrasound scheduled.

Well folks, Baby Howard, a.k.a. Gigantor, IS indeed large. I'm not even at 29 weeks yet, and Baby Howard weighs 3 pounds (most likely). His/her head is in the 80th percentile of head sizes, and Geoff and I are shocked by all of this. We were not large babies, and neither of us have gigantic craniums, so where's this huge baby coming from? My mom's guess is my Dad. He was over 9 pounds at birth, so if I end up with a 9 pound baby in September, I am putting all the blame on the Glenn genes! Here's a pic Baby Howard's gigantic cranium. Pics and postings from the trips to Alabama and Maryland are soon to follow! Love to all!

1 comment:

Karen A. said...

Well, with two smarties for parents the head has to be big enough for all that brain!!!