Saturday, August 14, 2010

11 months down, 1 to go!



Geoff and I are in denial that next month, we will be the parents of a 1-year-old! We are both excited (and a little saddened) that Liam is becoming a toddler. He's not only about to walk, he's also becoming more independent. He wants to get things for himself and not have things handed to him. He's drinking solely out of sippy cups during the day and eating mostly table food at daycare. His sense of humor has developed, and he loves to be tickled, to chase us or the dog, and to be chased in return. He definitely says Mama when wanting me, and I think he is associating Dada with Geoff and Buh with Bella. I just need someone else to confirm it so I know I am not being biased! Liam is still on the tall end of the spectrum--while he can wear 18 month shirts and pants, 18 month one pieces are very tight on his long little body! And my arms can certainly tell he's getting heavier. He's not fat by any means, but he is solid! Liam also has 2 teeth as of this morning: one central incisor on the bottom, and one side incisor on the top (yes, his vampire teeth are coming in first!). Teething has been hard on Liam (and us--as I write this, I am coming off a solo duty of comfort rocking every 2 hours last night!), but hopefully he will just get a bunch of teeth all in succession so we don't have to suffer over a long period of time!


In the next month, Liam will celebrate his birthday with a small party of family and close friends, he'll be Christened, he'll take his first steps, he'll transition to the toddler room at daycare, and he'll stop drinking from bottles and using his pacifier. In short, he will no longer be a baby. He'll be a big boy! My heart aches a little at that thought! Our love to all!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Beautiful! I got a little teary-eyed reading this. I definitely miss those days. You'll be so happy to have documented so much here. I love looking back...a little nostalgic for the past but amazed at how far we've come.