Geoff and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary (officially on July 16th) the weekend of July 9th-12th. Liam's Gallagher grandparents graciously flew up to DC to keep Liam while Geoff and I escaped back to Hamptom Roads, the area where we met (for the 2nd time--remember we first met at church in 1981), fell in love, and got married. It was nice to be back. We visited old haunts as well as good friends, and we thoroughly enjoyed sleeping as late as 7:30!! While we missed Liam and talked about him constantly (as everyone told us we would), he didn't seem to miss us much! He enjoyed being spoiled by GG and Grandpa and also getting a visit from his great-grandmother, Granny! (We're sure Jim has pictures of the antics during this fun weekend, and we'll share when we get them!)
On a philosophical note, Geoff and I rediscovered many things on our trip, not the least of which is how perfectly well we fit together. This is symbolized by a simple bag of Skittles we shared while driving. We discovered that while I really only like the red and orange ones, Geoff prefers the green and purple ones. (The yellows we both tolerate .) Ahhh---what a harmonious pair we make!
No comments:
Post a Comment