Some of you have probably never seen our Nativity set. Geoff bought it in Jerusalem on a trip some years past, and I love it. It is made from olive wood, and is very simplistic...exactly as I envisioned.
This year, Liam got into it big time. He liked playing with and arranging the pieces, pretending the manger was some kind of boat or surfboard the wise men could scoot around on. We thought it was all fun and games until Christmas Eve, when Geoff and I were struck by a particular arrangement...Liam had moved the wise men and the shepherd way off to the side. What insight! Geoff and I have always kept the Baby Jesus out of the manger until Christmas Day, but technically the shepherds and the wise men shouldn't be there until Baby Jesus arrives, right? Liam's so smart, isn't he?
See--the visitors are way off to the front and side, as if they are making their way to the stable. You can see a blurry Mary in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment