Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Finally got to meet her in person

Geoff's been working quite a lot this past week.  Now I know why.  Secretary of State Clinton paid us a little visit today.  She gave a quick speech to the Embassy staff and their family members before shaking hands.  I got to stand right down front for the speech.  It was really quite good.  She drew parallels between NYC/Hurricane Sandy and Bosnia.  She said (and I paraphrase) that millions of people from all walks of life work, live, vote, and come together in times of crisis without regard to creed or ethnicity.  That is the U.S.'s hope for Bosnia.  It got me all fired up about wanting to make a positive difference during my short time here...so volunteerism here I come.  I always meant to do that, but now I have no excuse!

Anyway, after the speech, she greeted people, and I got to shake her hand and tell her, "Hello!  Thank you for coming."  It was really a neat experience, and I am glad I got to be a part of it.


Madam Secretary with Ambassador Moon

No comments: