Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Another date day

A couple of weeks ago, Geoff and I were invited to the Italian Consulate General's house (thanks mainly to Geoff's having lived in Sicily for a couple of years and having some basic knowledge of Italian) for a cookout.  It was a sunny day, and we had a great time schmoozing with Geoff's Italian counterparts.  Afterward, we headed to Notre Dame's Cheese and Wine rooftop restaurant.  Notre Dame is a compound for Catholic pilgrims.  There is a church, a guest house with rooms, restaurants, etc.  But the claim to fame for most tourists is the rooftop restaurant with its view of the Old City.

Geoff and I tried several times to get THE photo, but Geoff lacks some skill in the selfie department.  Take a look, and try not to laugh.



 I am attempting to help in this one.



Another tourist took pity on us and helped out.

And then Geoff got artsy with our wine.

No comments: