It is that last one that kills me, every time. I have cried each move, hurting for my little guys who are hurting so much. This time is no different. Sam has not really known any other home, so I know he will be confused and scared. And Liam. My sweet, sensitive Liam. He loves deeply and it shows each and every time we have to say goodbye. I just ache for him. This one has been the toughest for him, because he now understands that there is little chance we will be back and the likelihood is strong that he will never see these friends and teachers again. So he cries over the loss, and I try not to cry while comforting him the best I can--holding him and telling him that I am sorry it hurts so much, and once he's calmer, telling him of all the great things back home.
While I may not miss living here too much, my boys will. Very, very much. So I ask for your prayers for them. I ask for comfort for their breaking hearts; for stamina to face the long flights, the airport lines, and the eventual jet-lag; for courage to experience new things with joy, and also for patience for me to help them through a stressful time. Thank you.
One last pasta making session in our Jerusalem kitchen
Liam's first wiggly tooth!
Sweet, smiley Sam,
drooling thanks to new molars coming in




No comments:
Post a Comment