Sunday, January 18, 2015

Crazy Weather, part 1

The past two weeks we have seen some of the craziest weather patterns I have ever experienced.  First, we started our days after the holidays with warmth--needing only fleece jackets during the day, and sometimes not even those!  We took advantage and hit the playgrounds and parks with a fury.


Then Liam had his first day back to school after break, but when I picked him up that afternoon, the skies looked odd.  Turns out, we were on the verge of our first sandstorm.  Here is a screenshot of the weather report that afternoon.  "Dust" is the weather description.



And here are shots from our house.  
Above, the setting sun somewhat hidden, 
and below, the city very much hidden.


It was an odd experience.  Even though we were inside, my eyes felt very dry and I needed to clear my throat a lot.  But we made it through just fine.  And then the next day...winter began in earnest, and the city did not stand a chance.  But more on that in the next post.

No comments: